Jax has enjoyed community and voluntary work since witnessing its heart-aching necessity at a residential “Come in for Christmas” event for the homeless, run by Dewsbury Team Parish volunteers back in the early 1990′s. Since that point she has aimed to help when and where she can.
- Sexual Relationships educational workshops with the Crossway Centre, Harborne, Birmingham.
- Carol Singing in Kings Norton and Ladywood, Birmingham, offering festive food door to door and bringing Christmas cheer.
- Food and clothing collection for the Karis Neighbourhood Project, Ladywood, Birmingham.
- Producer for Seasonal Soiree: A one-off community event at Ladywood ARC (Arts, Religion and Community Centre), Birmingham, allowing local people to enjoy festive fun for free.
- Leading CPAS Pathfinder (11-14yrs) Ventures 1995 – 2005: 10 days of fun, learning and mayhem with young people from across the UK. Jax became Deputy Overall Leader in 2003.
- Church Youth Work at Christ the King, Kettering: Aiming to be a role model and support to young people aged 11 to 18 years.
- Compere for Lark in the Park and Lark in the Dark, Kettering: Local event for the community to relax, have fun, and raise money for local good causes.
Since she began working with young people, Jax has also become a mentor to many, a role which has taken on a new and exciting life since the advent of online social networking. Issues requiring support range from bullying to bereavement, family and work relationships to careers advice. Please note that Jax has a strict policy of accepting “Friends” from a teaching environment only when they have completed secondary and/or further education, and at her discretion.