Dewsbury Minster Website Restructure
Dewsbury Minster has a website which is over 10 years old and whilst it has stood the test of time in many ways, the site had become content heavy and confusing to navigate. Jax was commissioned to work with the PCC on looking at how websites are a crucial part of community engagment and how to enhance their current offer, as a re-design at this stage was outside of their budget.
Jax undertook a review of the site covering the following parameters:
- To give a brief overview of the landscape with regards to other church websites, locally and nationally, including A Church Near You
- To undertake a review of their old website
- To suggest improvements that would increase the online accessibility and marketing capabilities of the Dewsbury Minster Website
- To suggest possibilities for undertaking the improvements in line with the 12 areas set out by the Management Team to reach and serve the town
The restructure remit had several objectives including:
- Create Concise Page Navigation
- Integration of St John the Evangelist and Holy Trinity into Dewsbury Minster website as a “Team” approach
- Creating appropriate written and visual content where necessary
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) improvement
- Enhance “value” for users of the website
- Support the use of Social Media to promote events and services within the Team Parish
- Improve the “Room Hire” offer to increase active community and corporate engagement.
Following this phase of the project, the next phase will use the restructure to inform a website redesign brief which Jax will write and support in an advisory role.
There are also plans for Jax to continue to work with the Team Parish on enhancing it’s community offer.
We are really pleased to have used the services of Jax Lovelock Creative. Our website was in need of updating. Jax sat down with us and talked us through the possibilities. We agreed a plan of action and Jax produced some designs. After consulting us over these and making any amendments the final design went live. We are really happy with what Jax has done and our website has certainly produced more interest in the church and our activities.
The previous text heavy home page
Creating visual content for easy navigation
Redesign of home page
Improving Room Hire information and accessibility